Friday, December 25, 2009

FiNaL YeaR PRoJeCT (FYP)

FYP?!? 12 credit hours! What happen if you got A.. Wow!!!Wow!! and Wow! (eye blinking)
Almost all undergraduate student in every university has to come out with their own thesis.
No matter whether it is a lab work, survey or theory, at the end everything going to be evaluated.

This year, I am 23 years old.haha.. More surprisingly, I am also one of the young scientist now.
If Einstein produced a theory that make most country used it, even create war amongs people,
I am otherwise need to evaluate something for the beneficial of human beings. Guess what?

My mom suffer from serious diabetic complications, simply said that my family has a long history
of diabetic illness. With the knowledge in Biomedical science, I always hope that I can help them.
WHat a miracle!?! What a coincidence!?! Finally I got a chance.

I choose a title "Study on effect of selected Malaysian antidiabetic plants on adipocyte cells".
Thanks to Dr. Taher and Dr. Deny Susanti for giving me the opportunity to discover the wonders and
miracle behind Malaysian antidiabetic plants..

Sometimes, I am really frustrated with Malaysian, and the government policy. We always want to copyright
other people work especially the Western. We are left behind in the technology, research, even in the development.
Why not we produce something new? Why not they are the one that used our expertise? why? Why? Why?
I am sure that everyone aware on this situation. I really hope that Malaysia can go forward.
Lets this become the first step to achieve the glory.
Remember, "Yesterday is only a dream, tomorrow is a vision..
Make every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope".


Okay, back to the FYP story.. In this project I will used 10 Malaysian antidiabetic plants. Can you imagine?
Even my respective lecturer, Dr. Tariq was surprised and asked me to use just three plants. Fortunately, I still continue with 10 plants.
what a stubborn student?!? haha..
Among the plant used are andrographis paniculata (hempedu bumi), cinnamomon zeylanicum (kayu manis), lagerstroemia speciosa- leaves and stembark (banaba), momordica charantia (peria katak), orthosiphon stamineus (misai kucing), phyllanthus amarus (meniran), pithecellobium jiringa (jering), syzygium polyanthum (daun salam),and tinospora crispa (patawali).

I use cell culture (preadipocyte cell) that will be induced to become adipocyte cell. My positive control is insulin.
Basically, I will test whether the above mentioned plant can induce preadipocyte cell to become adipocyte cell.
The second step I will evalute whether the plant has antidiabetic properties by doing protein analysis. This will
then compared with insulin whether, it is high, moderate, low, no effect or toxic.

Currently, I am in the second process of the experiment and looking forward to present this great work in a symposium
or any conference..

To my mom, family, and people of Malaysia and also the "western", just wait for another few months.
Your son will be back with the remedies..Pray for my success..Insya Allah

No comments:

Post a Comment